Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Canadian Comic Insider Interviews Darryl Andrews - Part III

By Millicent Mortificus
Special to DFG ONLINE!

CCI: Mr. Andrews, before we conclude our interview, I would like to do a word association with you. Are you ready?
DTA: Fire away!!

CCI: Captain Nepto.
DTA: I'm going to KILL him THIS time, he's DEAD!!

CCI: "Trident" vs. "CN" isignias.
DTA: ..always fighting for a space on Nepto's chest. I like the Trident more but have a soft spot for the "CN". A little known fact is, that DFG Icon Peter Repovski suggested I use the Trident.

CCI: 15 page annual.
DTA: The Ultimate test for any DFG staffer.

CCI: Brian Anderson
DTA: ...another idea that long term implications weren't considered.

CCI: Bob Barnes
DTA: The Zombie should have killed that dude a long time ago.

CCI: The Crusher
DTA: I don't know where I was influenced back in 1984 to include a drug pusher in the series. I do have an update, however on the Crusher . Crusher meets Bus; Bus wins. Crusher is re-animated by an evil scientist. Crusher is half cyborg. Crusher returns next year...or earlier!

CCI: Bob Kane
DTA: If Dan Graves were Bob Kane; then he'd be doing this all by himself! Luckily, our President isn't a selfish, egotistical prick.

CCI: The Agent
DTA: The only DFG character to be a combined effort of both Dan & I. Strange he hasn't developed yet.

CCI: Todd Abbot
DTA: My right hand man, when it comes to early Nepto.

CCI: DFG's Greatest Heroes
DTA: A title that should be restored.

CCI: Retro-Spy
DTA: Hands down, the best thing I did in '96.

CCI: The Alligator
DTA: I love the Alligator, but for obvious reasons, choose to leave him in the past.

CCI: Murdoch
DTA: When Dan saddled me with this new addition to the orgin I cringed. I'll get my revenge in Captain Nepto Prime August!

CCI: Cyclone & Tornado
DTA: The Wind Brothers...just might make a huge impact in 2009!

CCI: The Spymaster
DTA: The foundation that all that is DFG is built upon.

CCI: The Jester
DTA: ..will be the most saddened by the death of Captain Nepto.

CCI: Mark Andrews
DTA: My brother is an incredible artist and a huge asset to the DFG team. His return would benefit the company in, many as of yet seen ways.

CCI: Nitro
DTA: Pete's developed a great hero and even more interesting enemies. I loved the 'spin' Dan added to the character in the Invincibles series. I hope it inspires Pete to revisit his character and DFG.

CCI: Frank Daniels
DTA: Other then the "DFG answer man stuff,..does this guy even have a job at DFG?

CCI: DFG in the next ten years.
DTA: A large Online comic community with fans and artists Nationwide.

CCI: Any concluding remarks?
DTA: When do I get paid for this interview?

CCI: Thank you very much for your participation, sir, and again, congratulations on being inducted in the hall of fame! This concludes our interview with DFG Co-Publisher and Vice President Darryl Andrews.

No comments: