Monday, April 13, 2009

DFG Production Manager Back on the Job!



By Bob Barnes

Special to DFG ONLINE!

After having been placed on leave for several months, DFG Production Manager Frank Daniels is back on the job! When asked about how it feels to be back, Mr. Daniels responded, "It's great, Bob. DFG is my life and while I was gone it really felt like a piece of me had died." Mr. Daniels was, of course, referring to his three month suspension which occurred after several inappropriate outbursts on the DFG Comics Fan Page in response to letters from DFG readers. "All I can say is that I am deeply sorry to those who I offended. It was a combination of overwork, unresolved personal issues from my past, and my my steroid addiction that led to the inappropriate behaviour. Thanks to some anger management courses, intensive psycho-therapy and a narc-anon support group, I am now back in the saddle and in charge of my life." When asked about how things are going as he reintegrates at DFG Corporate HQ, Mr. Daniels continued, "Well, as you can see from the inactivity on this webpage over the past three months, DFG desperately needs a production manager. Things have pretty much ground to a halt, production-wise. Spy Comics Presents #5 is nearly ready to hit the press, but has stalled; we still have several issues of Captain Nepto Prime to get out; the long-delayed Spy Classics Annual (origins issue) has been nearly ready to go, but it is delayed as well. We have other projects coming soon, including Future Spy: The Invinicbles of the the 25th Century and now another title, Spy Comics: Villains, whose first issue appeared earlier this year. You see, the boys at DFG need me. Dan and Darryl are great ideas men, but when it comes to actually getting the books on the stands, well, they have some follow-through problems." Daniels appeared happy to be back, but did fidget nervously throughout the interview, causing this reporter to wonder if all his problems really were behind him.

No comments: